School of Business
Compliance with corporate policies or regulatory requirements is often the motivation to provide workplace training. However, the true value of safety and emergency care training is preventing workplace injuries and preparing your team to respond when something does happen. Trust in Prestige Medical Solutions to train your employees with the highest degree of education available.
Our Business Courses
Prestige Medical Solutions is an approved Vocation School providing instruction under the guidelines of the State of New Jersey Department of Health & Senior Services, Department of Education, Department of Labor & Workforce Development; along with other governing bodies.
No employer is immune from workplace violence nor can an employer totally prevent the occurrence, but by taking the appropriate precautions the risk factor can be drastically reduced. In addition to the general course content, this course will review relevant workplace policy/procedures (as provided by employer). This course will further review relevant state and local laws.
The investment of this 2-4 hour course could prospectively increase productivity and decrease liability. Our staff will provide a courtesy service to review your policy/procedures and will make the necessary recommendations.
Today’s gangs have become very creative in their communication efforts to show their allegiance and hide from general public’s knowledge when needed.
This course will be an introduction to gang awareness, recognition, and basic history. By the end of this course you will be able to recognize the relevancy of necklaces, tattoos, clothing apparel, graffiti and many other identifiers.
MERT sessions will vary from client to client, however the topics below are standard.
- Adult/Child CPR Training:
- MERT participant will learn adult CPR techniques. These are resuscitation procedures for individuals age 1 and over.
- MERT participants are taught to use an Automated External Defibrillator. We have AED trainers that we use to ensure that MERT members are comfortable using the device.
- Basic First Aid Training:
- Of all the skills a MERT member might use, Basic First Aid techniques are the most likely to get used. The course includes management of injuries such as bleeding control and fractures, medical emergencies such as allergic reactions and seizures, as well as environmental emergencies such as heat exhaustion.
- Oxygen Therapy:
- The prompt application of emergency oxygen can often significantly lessen the damage done to patient during serious injury or medical emergency. The MERT program teaches use of an emergency oxygen kit and the various components used to deliver the therapy, if available at the facility.
- Bloodborne Pathogens:
- This short self-protection lecture covers the possibility of disease transmission during occupational emergencies. Relevant concerns, protective equipment, and regulations are discussed.
The benefits of MERT trainings are regulatory Compliance for OSHA regulations, reducing the potential for liability during an on-site emergency , affirming the company’s concern for the safety and health of employees, potential increases in morale and safety awareness , and the possibility of positively affecting the outcome of an employee who suddenly becomes sick and/or injured.
If ignorance of specific job hazards and of proper work practices is even partly to blame for this higher injury rate, then training will help to provide a solution.
The Bloodborne Pathogens course is designed to prepare the participant to comply with OSHA’s CFR 1910.1030 – the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. The course reviews safeguards to protect workers against the health hazards from exposure to blood and OPIM (other potentially infectious materials), review of pathogens, and how to reduce their risk from this exposure.
Respirator fit testing and training is required of most workers who may need to use a respirator during the course of their work duties.
Success is as easy as 1-2-3
- Contact us.
- Contact us by phone or email to learn more about what we offer and to set up a meeting with one of our knowledgeable coordinators.
- Enroll in one of our many programs.
- After we help you decide which of our programs is right for you, we will enroll you in an upcoming class and guide you through your educational journey.
- Complete your training.
- Now that you have completed your training, you are ready for success! After completion, we look forward being a part of your educational resources!
What Client’s Say
Really great school! Glad I decided to take a class there, thanks!
My new job required everyone to be CPR and First Aid certified. I decided to take the class at Prestige Medical Solutions, and am glad I did. Everyone was very informative and helpful during the entire process. I am now thinking of becoming a CNA and know where to come if I do!